About Domestic Objects:
Domestic Objects is a Vancouver based brand that specializes in imagination inspiring children's products. Our passion is PLAY. We’ve been in business since 2014 with exceptional year over year growth.
About the Founder Sarah Jagger:
The inspiration for the first play tent came from her wanting one for her own children. They loved to hide in and under things and a play tent seemed like so much fun. Sarah strives to provide them with tools for imaginative and creative play. She searched for one in a fabric that suited her style and for size and configuration that would work for her growing children while still fitting into her space. She didn't find what she was looking for and having a little bit of sewing experience, she decided to make one. When her friends and family saw it, they encouraged her to make more. She posted some pictures of the initial product with some fabric choices and they were all sold within a few days - the business Domestic Objects was born.
Check us out on Instagram
The Order Fulfilment Specialist is a very important role at Domestic Objects. This role ensures our quality products ship out in a timely fashion meeting the high standards that customers expect.
What you will do:
- cut tent poles
- cleaning tent poles
- fit poles to tents
- quality checking all products
- assembling play tents
- packing and rolling
- inventory receiving
- preparing supplies (assembling shipping boxes)
- applying labels to boxes and bags.
- opening office in morning
- closing office, end of the day sweep, take out garbage if needed, vacuum threads off carpet, etc
- Identifying low stock of inventory and supplies
What you need:
- A background in customer service, textiles or retail an asset
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Team player
- Detailed oriented.
- All training will be provided
At Domestic Objects we believe in “Kaizen”. Kaizen is a Japanese word for "improvement". In business, kaizen refers to activities that continuously improve all functions and involve all employees from the CEO to the assembly line workers. *wikipedia
You are someone who enjoys following systems and procedures but also making tweaks and adjustments continually to make the processes faster, better and more efficient.
- This is a flexible hours and work day job. We are moms shipping products for kids. We totally get it. If your ideal job starts after school drop off and you have to leave in time to pick up kids, don’t worry cause we’re doing it too.
- Starting at $15/hr
- Room for growth. Domestic Objects is a growing brand and we are in the midst of launching several new and exciting products. Have a new product ideas or interested in marketing? Like building websites or spreadsheets? Depending on your skills and desires, there is room excel.
- You will be working out of Domestic Objects HQ in Dunbar, Vancouver.
How to Apply:
Send an email to - sarah a.t. domestic-objects.com - with a cover letter and your resume. In the cover letter, please address it to me and include why you think you are the best person for the role. Bonus points for authenticity!